I was looking for something different to make and thought of cheesecake! This recipe appealed as looked easy to make (always my first criteria!) and I liked the idea of using zest and juice of limes and lemon.
It is supposed to serve 8, however when I served it up two of us managed to eat half in one sitting! I gave the rest to the friend who came round for dinner and he managed the other half over 2 days!
I have made it since and took to a bbq on Saturday, everyone was suitably impressed and it was a very popular choice amongst the array of desserts on offer.
225g digestive biscuits
grated zest and juice of 1/2 Lemons (I used 1 which was sufficient)
grated zest and juice of 3 limes
350g full-fat cream cheese
150ml double cream
1. Crush the digestive biscuits into crumbs.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter, mixing thoroughly.
3. Press the biscuit crumb mixture into a 20cm loose-based flan tin.
4. Place the cream cheese in a food processor or mixing bowl. Add the sugar, lemon zest and juice and lime zest and juice. Mix together thoroughly.
5. Whisk the double cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whisked cream into the cream cheese mixture.
6. Put the combined mixture into the loose-based flan tin lined with biscuit crumb mixture.
7. Chill overnight in the refrigerator until set. Serve with the raspberries.